- Construction was not scheduled to commence until four years after the initial estimates were to be prepared.
- Construction of certain sections of work could only occur during weekends.
- Sections of the work were required to be undertaken in the middle of busy thoroughfares.
- Work was to be adjacent to an overhead Sound Transit rail platform.
- Work was located in a built-up area which required existing buildings to be shored during construction.
SOLUTION The estimates were escalated to the anticipated mid-point of construction using pre-determined cost indices. The costs for Traffic Management, Street Fees, Conditional Assessments & Settlement Monitoring were incorporated into each estimate. An internal risk analysis was conducted to identify and cost potential risks to the project and incorporate those into the estimates