PlanB Consultancy, Inc.
Associate Quantity Surveyor
Lake Oswego, OR
DUTIES: Responsible for forecasting project costs and determining resource requirements based on cost estimates and budgetary restraints. Provide services for our clients’ installation of mechanical and electrical engineering facilities that include planning and project scheduling, cost management and cost estimates. Identify and analyze material, labor, equipment, tools and transportation costs for the installation project and incorporate this analysis with a financial, technical and strategic understanding of the installation processes to provide overall cost measurements. Provide cost planning data to our clients, and cost forecasting for smaller electrical and mechanical systems, as well as structural, civil and architectural works. Position requires approximately 6 days of domestic travel per year.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Construction Management; Purchasing, Procurement, and Contracts; or Quantity Surveying. 3 years of experience as a Quantity Surveyor or closely related occupation, including the following:
- 3 years of experience with Cost Management including Pricing Validation, Market Intelligence Reports, Market Intelligence Report Updates and Estimating
- 3 years of experience with Value Management, including: Value Engineering, Comparative Analysis and Bid Evaluation
- 3 years of experience with Project Management, including Change Order Validations
- 3 years of experience using standard methods of measurement of construction works
- 2 years of experience evaluating, reporting on and defending against contractual claims
Applicants must be U.S. workers (includes U.S. citizens, permanent residents, foreign nationals granted temporary residence under one of the 1986 legalization programs, refugees, and asylees).
To apply, please email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org